Tuesday 26 August 2008

Parker & Drummond

A visit to the excellent and thoughtful Ivebeenreadinglately drew my attention to the lovely new covers for the first three Richard Stark 'Parker' novels, which I've been meaning to read for ages, and now have no excuse to neglect.





These covers are by David Drummond, who maintains a fascinating blog about his work as a book cover design: required reading for cover obsessives like myself. Here are a bunch of his recent covers, culled from that blog, including a few that didn't make the cut, but which I think are excellent. Visit the blog for the background stories on all of these...AND MORE! Pleasingly, Drummond does most of his own photography, rather than relying on stock image libraries. And let's face it--anyone who can produce an elegant and witty cover for a book entitled Mapping Marriage Law in Spanish Gitano Communities is doing something right.














3 comments:

Ian Koviak said...

Hands down my favorite book cover designer. Brilliant, simple, intelligent—what book design should be about.

Ian Koviak said...

I wish I could mentor and apprentice under this man...

JRSM said...

I'm trying to score an interview with him for this blog--stay tuned (I hope!).